Currently Reading

Currently Reading: The Undivided by Jennifer Fallon

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Review: The Shadow of the Torturer by Gene Wolfe

I've been extremely busy with work and life in general lately, but I have some content in the shape of some reviews and an opinion piece ready to put out this week. Thanks for checking in with the blog regularly enough to notice the absence of new material!

In my most recent review posted over at The Ranting Dragon I took on The Shadow of the Torturer, the first installment of Gene Wolfe's multi award-winning series The Book of the New Sun. It's never easy reviewing one of the classics, especially as a first-time reader when there are people who know the book backwards. I was intrigued by Wolfe's artistry but I was never sure that I completely grasped exactly what was unfolding as I read (but I felt like that was the point).

No comments:

Post a Comment